Saturday 10 March 2012

New Coupon Binder


The time has come for me to retire my original coupon binder. It was a small coupon binder I bought at the dollar store. It lasted me only a few months but it did the job. Today I went out in search of a new coupon binder and found one at Walmart. It was on sale of course for $4.00. It is much larger in order to hold my ever growing coupon stash. I have divided it into 25 categories including cheese, breads, cereals and shampoo. I find the more categories you have the easier it is to find the coupons you need. Remember that your time is worth money too. So spending less time searching for the coupon you need, will save you more money. Here are my tips for creating the perfect coupon system:
  • Purchase a large zipper binder. I say this because eventually you will need a larger one so save yourself a few bucks by buying it to start off.
  • Go to the local dollar store to get your supplies. Places like Staples charge more for the things you need for your coupon organization system.
  • Buy sport card protectors, page protectors, paper clips, dividers, small sticky notes, scissors and a small note pad. ($10.00 investment)
  • Choose categories for your coupons that work for you but the more you have the easier it will be to locate the coupons faster.
  • Label all your dividers with the coupon categories.
  • Use sticky notes to tab pages that either have the coupons that are expiring soon, that you want to match-up with flyer sales or that you are really interested in using.
Make sure you go through your coupon binder at least once a week. This allows you to keep track of what coupons you have and to get rid of any expired coupons. Good luck!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment